Doug Hunt (a.k.a. Doug The
Great) is a stilt walk specialist, featuring a
multitude of stilt characters. Stilt Walkers stand out in a crowd enhancing
any parade, festival, fair, grand opening, and your next
- Stilt walkers are highly visible and easily draw attention to where
you want it.
- Stilt walkers make a big impression - great for meeting and
greeting and directing people traffic.
- Event-goers love to have their picture taken with 'the tall guy'
- Stilt Walkers get in the media a lot, which
means - so will your organization (see 'media' list
- Doug can switch between working on stilts and providing strolling
entertainment on his feet throughout the engagement. It's like having
several different entertainers all rolled into one!
- Doug has a multitude of stilt characters. One is sure to suit your
- On stilts, Doug can be 8, 9, or 10 feet
tall depending on the character and the venue.
"Doug is like the Swiss Army Knife of Stilt Walkers! He has over 17
different stilt characters. He combines magic, juggling, comedy, and
stilt-walking to become Doug The Great - Entertainer." Gary Ensmenger,
Bigfoot Stilt Company
Click on any image to see a larger
-Put your team jersey on the stilt
walker for great visual impact!
Baseball Player on
- DOUG'S BUNNY
- -a formally-attired rabbit character (Pooka), wears a top hat with
remote controlled ears and trick powder puff tail.
Rabbit on Stilts / Bunny
- CAPTAIN CANADA
- What's red and white and fun all over? Captain Canada!
Canadian Stilt Walker
- CARNIVAL BARKER
- -brightly clad clown with tuxedo jacket and blue satin top- hat
Traditional Stilt walker
/ Carnival Barker on stilts
When the theme is 'building' or
'growing' this is the guy you want
Construction Worker on
- COURT JESTER
- -just like the days of King Arthur, only much taller!
Court Jester on Stilts
- COWBOY DOUG
- -featuring trick roping, 'quick on the draw' pencil-gun, and
Cowboy on stilts
- -a frightening character with voice altering effects and eerie
Halloween stilt walker
- -from the 'Jailhouse Rock' era. Very popular and fun - a sure
hit with all generations.
Elvis on Stilts
- FIREFIGHTER DOUG
- -dressed for action with a revolving re emergency light, and
emergency response sound effects
Firefighter on stilts
- HOCKEY REFEREE
- -just like it sounds - striped shirt, hockey helmet and whistle.
Hockey Referee on stilts
LIGHT NIGHT WALKER
Perfect for outdoor nighttime events &
Stilt walker with lights
- MARDI GRAS
- -just like New Orleans, ju-ju stick, bird-like mask, very
Mardi Gras Stilt walker
- -a swashbuckler with a peg-leg (stilt) and pirate music
Pirate Stilt Walker
- -That's right - a Royal Canadian Mountie, when you want that
RCMP Stilt Walker
- SAFARI DOUG
- -with a pit helmet and tan safari gear, Doug is ready for
Safari Stilt Walker
A friendly face at Harvest time and
Scarecrow stilt walker
- SEA CAPTAIN
- - featuring music with a nautical theme
Nautical Stilt Walker /
Sea Captain Stilt Walker
- -a robot from another planet, with voice altering effects.
lighting enhancements, and special FX music
Robot Space Stilt Walker
- TOY SOLDIER
- -marching music and revolving key in the back. Great for parades
and Christmas Celebrations.
Toy Soldier / Christmas
- TRAIN CONDUCTOR
- -'all aboard' with this old fashioned train conductor. Ticket
Train Conductor / old
fashioned / Stilt walker
For your more formal events. This
character can be accessorized to match most seasonal celebrations.
Tuxedo Stilt walker
Doug has performed on stilts at:
And for numerous private and corporate events, including:
- AMC Theatres
- Aurora Aerials
- The Bay - Toronto
- Beaver Valley Ski Lodge
- Brant Mutual Insurance Company
- Brantford Red Sox
- Buntin Reid
- Burger King
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Casino Niagara
- Christmas in Cambridge
- CN Tower
- Coca Cola
- Com-Dev Company Picnic
- Community Living Ontario
- Crystal Beach Festival
- Deloitte and Touche
- Eglington Square Mall (Scarborough)
- Empire Communities (Brantford, Hamilton)
- Etobicoke Lakeshore Santa Claus Parade
- Family PC
- Festival & Events Ontario
- Ford Motor Company
- Goodyear Drive for Gold
- Hamilton Art Gallery
- Hamilton Convention Centre
- Kingsville Migration Festival
- Liquidation World
- Little Tykes
- London Life
- London Werewolves
- Lynden Park Mall
- Markham Fair
- Mattamy Homes
- mbanx Direct
- Meadowmills Pontiac Buick Ltd.
- Nortel Networks
- Ontario Science Centre
- Ohsweken - New Directions (Hugs not Drugs)
- Parkway Mall (Scarborough)
- Point Edward Charity Casino
- Port Dover Fishfest
- Presbyterian Youth Ministers
- Rich Products
- RJR MacDonald
- RMH Teleservices
- Royal Envelope
- Samual Steel Company (Stoney Creek)
- Sheraton Fallsview Hotel
- Showmen's League of America
- Stoney Creek Canada Flag Day Parade
- Swiss Chalet
- Telephone City Car Show - Brantford
- Tillsonburg Alliance Church
- Tim Horton's
- TSC Stores
- Toronto Sun
- Town of Whitby Heritage Days
- Victoria Hospital - London
- Victory International Church
- Waterloo Regional Children's Museum
- Windsor Casino
- Woodville Festival
- Woodbridge Fair
Doug has appeared on stilts in the following newspapers and publications:
- Northern Peaks (Canadian Association of
- The Goderich Signal-Star
- The Funny Paper
- London Free Press - London
- The Expositor - Brantford
- Hamilton Spectator - Hamilton
- Toronto Star - Toronto
- Sunday Sun - Toronto
- Windsor Star - Windsor
- Richmond Hill
- Cambridge Reporter
- Kitchener Record - Kitchener
- Juggle - The Official Magazine of the IJA
- Laugh Makers Quarterly Journal
- Clowns Canada Newsletter
- 1998 Hallmark Calendar
- The Guinness World Record Calendar - 2000
- Burford Times - Burford
- Canadian Living Magazine
- Markham News - Markham
- Paris Star
As you can see from the emails below that I received from many people at
Rich's that Rich's and their client Lumsden were very pleased with the
results of the show.
Thank you very much for your 'over the top' participation. You really helped
make the show a success.
Here's to working with you again in the future.
Just a note to thank you for all your support at the Lumsden Food show .
We were voted best of show .
Jim Dores VP General Mgr. Of Lumsden was one of the judges .
He spoke to me after we won and said that yes we had the best booth and the
best prop with Rocket Man but more important was the Rich's team attitude .
He said that we came in looking like winners acted like winners so we had to
be the winners .
Special thanks to David and Brian who set it up the whole thing (A comment
from Lumsden These guys are great with our customers )
Peter Albano and Al Newhouse for the great Creative including Rocketman
A proud Day for all of us
Manager Communications / Merchandising
Rich Products of Canada
You said you were going to win and YOU ALL DID IT!!!
You did what it took to impress this customer from setting up and running an
impressive booth, right through to getting us all to visit and spend time
with the customer. I am sure the customer was most impressed with the
obvious fact that we valued and cared about their business. Great effort by
all, and special thanks to David, Brian and Rick.
Thanks for supporting our customers,
(this guy is VP Sales)
Great Job... Rich's Rocket man was a hit and so were you! Thanks for all the
hard work and creativity that you have put into taking care of this customer
not only at the show but every day! You are Best In Show.....
(this guy is President)
Also want to pass my THANKS to the group. The positive energy,
innovativeness and your caring about the business and our customers came out
loud and clear. You guys did a terrific job!!
(this gal is VP Marketing)